January 4, 2012

Meiho SFC Multi Case L

You already know about  my obsession for boxes made by Meiho Chemical. I have already reviewed the SFC box in the size M (here) and told how pleased I am with this lure box that comes with no dividers.
Today I have received via mail a bigger model, the size L. I think this size is perfect for anything between 12 and 14 cm in length. I don't like to go to a fishing trip with heavy and big boxes and the size of the L model (186x103x34mm) is a perfect match for my needs.  Below you can see the box with lures inside to get a better idea on how many lures it can hold.



I like to put decorative stickers on the boxes. This one is by DUO. 

Three lures sized between 135 and 140 mm .

Here is the box filled. I could manage to put three DUO Tide Lures, one Rapala
MaxRap 15cm, one Seaspin Mommotti 140 and two Seaspin Coixedda 100.
I think 7-8 lures of medium sized are the max it can hold. If you go with smaller
lures in the 90-100mm range you can definitely add more.

Where to buy: Cloud Nine Tackle 
Price: 320 Yen

RC Fishing Rate:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont know what to say. This blog is fantastic. Thats not really a really huge statement, but its all I could come up with after reading this. You know so much about this subject. So much so that you made me want to learn more about it. Your blog is my stepping stone, my friend. Thanks for the heads up on this subject.

Kester said...

Nice box - but how do you stop the trebles getting tangled together?

I usually use an elastic band around the trebles to keep them a bit tidier in a box like that with no dividers. Doesn't stop the problem completely, but it does make it a bit easier to get out the lure you want quickly.

RC fishing said...

You are right. It might be a problem but I am used to. It takes a few shakes to the untangle. Another option is to use hook covers. It takes some time but it works. There is another SFC box with a single center divider. It is made for spinners but it helps in keeping the lures separated. I agree on the fact that dividers are useful but it makes the box bigger. There are some meiho boxes with vertical dividers. Those are a good choice too.

RC fishing said...

Thanks for the comments. I am glad you like the blog.